Archives de l’Etat à Arlon
These are photographs of the original records housed at the Provincial Archives in Arlon, Province of Luxembourg, Belgium, and were taken by a Marjorie GOBIN, a cousin living in Jamoigne, Belgium. You can get the same records on microfilm through the LDS, but these photographs are full color and give a greater sense of what it would be like to see and touch the original documents yourself.
The parish record of the birth and baptism of Jean Joseph PIERRE (brother of André PIERRE) recorded at Jamoigne, Belgium on 30 April, 1792.
The parish record of the birth of Marie Jeanne PIERRE (sister of André PIERRE) recorded at Jamoigne, Belgium on 3 April, 1800.
The civil record of the birth of Marie Elisabeth GRAVET (who would be the wife of André PIERRE) recorded in Termes, Belgium on 9 July, 1805.
The civil record of the marriage of André PIERRE and Marie Elizabeth GRAVET recorded in Termes, Belgium on 5 February, 1834.
- André's place of birth is given as Les Bulles.
- Marie Elizabeth GRAVET's place of birth is given as Termes.
Witnesses signing the document were:
- Jacques PIERRE, age 28, [occupation 'manoeuvre'], resident of Les Bulles, brother of André.
- ? PIERRE-JOSEPH, age 39, [occupation 'journalier' - journeyman?], resident of Saint Vincent, brother-in-law of Marie Elizabeth.
- Pierre GRAVET, age 34, farmer, resident of Termes, brother of Marie Elizabeth.
- Arnould GRAVET, age 36, farmer, resident of Termes, brother of Marie Elizabeth.
All PDF files will open in a new browser window.
If you experience difficulty, try disabling your pop-up blocker.
PETER: The Andrew Peter Family
by Rene Bouillon & David Peter
History & Narrative
Personal Family Photos
Photos of Villages & Towns